Why You Need To Consider Single Ply Roofing For Your Texas Warehouse
If you are considering a new roof for your warehouse or if your old roof is reaching the end of its life, you have a very important decision to make. Replacing your roof is a significant investment of money and time. You want it done quickly and without a huge hit to your bank account.
This is why Lone Star Roofing recommends single ply systems for many commercial and industrial roofs. Let us tell you why.
Single ply systems for your commercial roof is a great choice for many buildings. It has many advantages over traditional built up systems including:
- It is flexible and light and can be used on unconventional roof styles
- It can be modified with chemical and material additives to be chemical and fire resistant
- Many single ply systems can be colored to match building decor
- Single ply systems are UV resistant which means less heat transfer into your building
- Single ply roofing materials are easier to install than many other systems and take less time
- Maintenance is easier
- Many single ply systems can be coated to extend the life of the roof
But that’s not all. One of the biggest reasons you need to consider a single ply roofing system is the ability of the roof to keep your building cooler. Because the roofs are UV resistant, much of the sunlight is reflected back into the sky. The temperatures on the roofs where single ply systems have been installed are usually 10 degrees cooler than traditional roofs. While it might not seem like much, that is a lot of potential heat transfer into your building.
Because the roof is cooler, less heat will build up in the upper levels of the warehouse. And that means less cooling costs. Over time you will see a difference in your electric bills and your new roof can potentially pay for itself over time.
Lone Star Roofing thinks that a single ply system is a great alternative to the traditional built up roofing system of the past. If you would like to know more about the single ply roofing system, please click the link below to schedule your free consultation or call 512-920-3747, and we will call you right back.