Which Roof Coating is Most Affordable
A leaking roof doesn’t always have to be replaced. In many instances leaks can be repaired with the right roof coating. This can save you, the business owner money. However, not all coatings work well with existing substrate or work well in the always changing Texas weather.
Roof coatings are materials that can be applied to extend the life of an existing roof. A qualified commercial roofing specialist can advise you on some of the different types of coating and discuss. Depending on the coating, your roof can last a few extra years.
- Asphalt based coatings can be used on a variety of smooth clean surfaces. This is usually the least expensive but it also doesn’t last as long.
- Aluminum thermal coatings are developed to not only resurface existing roofs but many can help you save money. This coating creates a seamless aluminum coating that reflects UV radiation.
- Elastomeric acrylic or water based coating are a “rubber-like” coating that forms a protective membrane over your roof. This material stretches which allows your roof to flex as it heats and cools during the day. It can be applied on many types of roofs and it reflects heat.
- Solvent bases (S.E.B.S) are coatings that are not water based and last longer, however they are a more expensive than water based or acrylic roof coatings.
- Urethane coatings are strong and flexible. They’re some of the most durable and most expensive. This coating is often used where there is heavy foot traffic and maintenance work.
- Silicone is one of the longest lasting roof coatings. The biggest drawback in a silicone roof is the material is soft and shouldn’t be used in areas that are frequently traveled. It’s also one of the most expensive on the market.
Lone Star Roofing prides itself with being an expert in all of your roof coating needs. We can examine your roof, discuss your needs and give you the advice you need to make your roofing condition. Although some materials may have a higher initial cost, they last longer which saves you money over the life of your roof. And remember, some materials can also save you money on cooling costs.
Remember Lone Star Roofing for all of your commercial roofing needs. Please click below to schedule your free consultation and we will call you right back or call us at 512-920-3747.